Swagbucks

Search & Win

Saturday, February 14, 2009

A Valentine's Day to remember

I know I've posted lots of old pictures lately - but I've been feeling extra nostalgic - I don't know why. So:

6 years ago today was my very last Valentine's Day as a single lady! My last "single's awareness day" so to speak. Ryan and I met the very next week - and the rest is history!

Valentine's Day Dance 2003 "00-7"
The Swing Club
Jared Fawcett, Tarron Wartonbe, Jared Peterson, Kurtis Hall, Shawn Heubscher, Ashley Maughan, Kaylene Collins, Janae Wilde, Caranna White, and April Wilson

This picture was taken February 14, 2003 at an institute dance. The theme was 00-7 - and very James Bondsy - I have no idea what James Bond has to do with Valentine's Day: at least not anything very church worthy ;)
Funny thing is Ryan was at this dance too, but I didn't meet him, I don't remember seeing him there, but he remembers me being danced all around the floor by these other Ballroom nerds (pictured above) I guess knowing how to dance gets you noticed in a crowded room full of single people!
I miss those days, but in recent reflection have decided that if I went back and did it all again there's not a single thing I would change. I'm so happy with the way things turned out! If I'd made different choices or even timed things differently I don't know if I'd have my wonderful husband or all three of my amazing children!
So I miss being single, going on dates, and busting my move on the dance floor, but I wouldn't change the way my life is now for anything!
I hope everyone has a fantastic Valentine's Day! Be you single, married or somewhere in between.

1 comment:

Sara said...

Oh fun! I love going back and looking at old photos and remembering good times. Happy Valentines day to you!!