Swagbucks

Search & Win

Saturday, February 7, 2009

Is there a Difference?

What exactly is the difference between "taking it easy" and wasting time? I'm trying to be obedient to my husband and the doctors that have told me to "take it easy" and not do anything to "aggravate my condition" until we can figure out exactly what that condition is!
But after sitting in front of the computer for nearly 2 hours catching up on everyone else's blog, it feels an awful lot like 'time wasting' so where is the line exactly?

But as long as I'm sitting here - I might as we play along with some of these silly "Tags"



High School Tag
1. DID YOU DATE SOMEONE FROM YOUR SCHOOL? Of course, isn't that where the whole dating experience starts!?

2.WHAT KIND OF CAR DID YOU DRIVE? "Sunny" the amazing Sunshine Yellow, 1978 Toyota Celica!

3. DID YOU PASS YOUR DRIVER'S LICENSE TEST YOUR FIRST TRY? Yes! - But because I was such a nervous driver, in Driver's ed, I had to drive with another licensed driver for the first 3 months after getting my license.

4. WERE YOU A PARTY ANIMAL? Not in the way you would think - I went to lots of parties and had lots of fun! But in Preston they were all good parties.

5. WERE YOU CONSIDERED A FLIRT? Hmm... I donno - I guess I was a flirt, but it's mostly because I was just having fun and not worrying about what everyone else thought. I didn't play favorites so much! I flirted with all the boys equally ;)

6. WERE YOU IN BAND, ORCHESTRA, OR CHOIR? Choir! I Love Choir!!

7. WERE YOU A NERD? I dunno, was I? I wasn't a nerd in the smart kid way...

8. WERE YOU ON ANY VARSITY TEAMS? HA! No. - But I was an avid High School sports fan, went to all the games and cheered from the students section as loud as possible!

9. DID YOU EVER GET SUSPENDED/EXPELLED? Nope

10. CAN YOU STILL SING THE FIGHT SONG? Of course!
"Oh Preston High, Oh Preston High, our mighty Blue and White!
We're on our way to victory so shout for us tonight: FIGHT, FIGHT FIGHT!!
Our team is great, our spirit's high we'll fight with all our might!
United we will stand and cheer our Preston Blue and White!
P-R-E-S-T-O-N PRESTON I-N-D-I-A-N-S INDIANS!"
Woo Hoo! I love it!

11. WHO WERE YOUR FAVORITE TEACHERS? Mrs. Seamons, Mr. Finch, Mrs. Heers, Mr. Seare (no - really) and Mrs. Baumgartener

12. WHERE DID YOU SIT FOR LUNCH? It depends on the year! I spent my time in the PIT - but also sat in the hall. My freshman year it was in the Sophomore Hall, my Sophomore year in the Jounior hall, my Jr. and Sr. year in the Senior Hall BUT ate outside when the weather was nice - I also did my runs to Big Js, The Polar Bear, Artic Circle, McDonald's, Stokes and the Pizza Stop!

13. WHAT IS YOUR SCHOOL'S FULL NAME? Preston High School - Just like Napolean Dynamite!

14. WHAT IS YOUR SCHOOL'S MASCOT AND COLORS? Indians. Blue, White and (my favorite and often forgotten) Gold!

15. WHO WAS HOMECOMING ROYALTY? I have no idea! Does anyone actually pay attention to that!?

16. IF YOU COULD GO BACK AND DO IT AGAIN WOULD YOU? You bet! I loved high school! And I was SO COOL! -Just ask me! ;)

17. WHAT DO YOU REMEMBER MOST ABOUT GRADUATION? The sudden realization that It was over! And I was no longer in high school! It came on the bus to Logan for our after graduation all night party!

18. WHERE DID YOU GO SENIOR SKIP DAY? Hmmm, I don't think I did that....

19. WERE YOU IN ANY CLUBS? French Club, Good Hands, Idaho Drug Free Youth (IDFY or "Drug Free"), Ballroom Dance, Seminary Council, A Capella Choir, Honor's Art, and of course musicals

20. HAVE YOU GAINED SOME WEIGHT SINCE THEN? Yes. Having kids did that to me. Ugh.

21.WHO WAS YOUR PROM DATE? Cody Owen! Cody's Awesome!

22. ARE YOU PLANNING ON GOING TO YOUR HIGH SCHOOL REUNION? Sure!

23. DID YOU HAVE A JOB IN HIGH SCHOOL? Yep! I worked at Stokes Thriftway, and KACH Radio!

24. WERE YOU AN HONOR STUDENT? No

25. DID YOU TAKE SEMINARY? Yes, every year, and am a proud graduate!

26. WHAT WOULD YOU CONSIDER YOUR MOST FUN TIME? Uh, it was ALL fun! The trips, the dates, the parties! The Plays, good friends, and the silly pageants! I loved it all!

27. WERE YOU CONSIDERED SHY OR OUTGOING? I guess it depends who you talk to! I think I was very out going and am surprised when I hear how reserved and shy people thought I was - how weird!

28. ANY LAST MEMORIES YOU WOULD LIKE TO SHARE? I loved my time on the High School Newspaper staff! We had SO much fun putting "The War Cry" together every week! (I miss you "Awesome McKay!")
AND I loved Art! Mr. Finch is so cool! My Sr. year in art was awesome - I got to work in oils, and since it takes so long for those to dry, Sam, Ben, Valerie, and I all had free reign of Mr. Finch's secret back room! We got to leave our paintings, all in various stages of completion, out on the eisles... I don't know why I thought it was so cool - but I felt like I had extra special privileges or something ;)
But my best memories are from practicing and performing the different musicals: My Freshman year: "Joseph, and the Amazing Technicolor Dream Coat," My Sophomore year: "The King and I," My Jr. Year: "Anything Goes," and finally my Sr. year with "Guys and Dolls."
I tag.... everyone who reads this!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love those pictures - especially because it's totally from Napoleon Dynamite land!

I hope your energy starts picking up again. I wish I was there to help you out....instead I spent last night at the hospital (Liza in tow) with a postpartum doula client - my visiting teaching comp had a really difficult birth and needed a postpartum doula. Wowzer - I wish I could come an be your "mommy doula" for a while. I might just have to try and swing a trip to Poky in the next few days.

Great high school pics. So hilarious!

Alayna said...

This made me laugh quite a bit. Your high school experience was slightly different from mine. I wouldn't go back.
I'll have to go dig up some old pictures so I can play this game.